Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gone so fast

So I have had an interesting few weeks. I've been chugging along doing surveys as often as I get people to come with me. Last week, though, I got some kind of bad flu virus and it knocked me out cold for four days. Then Ike got sick. It has not been a very fun week. I've needed to trust God that he will work and the number of surveys I end up getting is the number I need. I've needed to trust that it was okay to lay on the couch and let my body recover.

So now I'm back full steam and ready to finish up. I only have two and a half weeks left till I'm done and there is still SO much to do! I know that God is in this and that he is in control of all that happens - I have no need to worry and fear. I can't believe that this internship is almost over! It has not been what I thought it would be, but that is not bad! It has been difficult and trying, but I've had so many good experiences as well. I've gotten to have conversations and experiences that I never would have had if I didn't have to go out into the community to do this. I've learned a lot about the people here and the research process that I could not have learned in the classroom. I hope and pray that what I've learned will be valuable to Rock Creek and Hope for Northwest Georgia. The Lord is good and his love endures forever!

Thanks for all prayers, but please keep praying! I don't have much time to finish collecting the surveys and I need to find people to go with me - please pray that I will find them. Please pray for my safety and health (as well as my husband's). Please pray that as I start to write up my conclusions that I will be able to think straight and put the pieces together. Right now it looks like a 100,000 piece jig-saw puzzle that I need to put together in order to present anything coherent to the leaders of Rock Creek. Pray that I will be diligent and disciplined and finish as well as I can.

Thank you! I'm excited to see what God will do with these few short weeks of amateur work.

1 comment:

  1. I believe you will do even better than you can. We have been purchased with a price. We are no long our own but Christ's who lives in us. To Him who is able to do more than we can comprehend be the honor and glory forever. Stick in there. The God who can do more than we can ever do lives in you, and He loves you.

    ReplyDelete