Friday, May 22, 2009

First week!

I started out my internship this week! Last Sunday, the day before I started, I had no idea what to expect and what I'd do on Monday. I had a meeting with Heather, my boss, and we were able to nail down what to start with. I'm doing a survey of the whole South Mountain area (from Hinkle, down Scenic Hwy and 157 all the way til I hit 136, for those of you who don't know the area, it takes 40 minutes to drive that distance). While the neighborhoods and houses are rather spread out, I expect to see between 1000 and 1500 houses. I won't be surveying THAT many, so I'll have to sample. The survey needs to be pretty much finished by the end of this coming week. I've been doing a lot of research online, driving around, getting to know the area, meeting with elders and deacons of Rock Creek, and writing the survey. It's interesting and it's definitely not what I expected.

Tomorrow, I'll do more driving and meetings, on Monday, I'm going to the memorial day BBQ in Hinkle. :) That should be fun, I'm bringing my husband with.

On a personal note, having a husband to come home to is wonderful, he's been a great support and very encouraging. I love him and I'm learning a lot about marriage and being a grown up. :) We went to Ellie and David's wedding tonight and it was beautiful! I'm so happy for them.

Sorry if this is not very interesting, I'm new to blogging. To all my com dev classmates reading, I'm praying for you all and I can't wait to hear about how things are going all over the world!

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment